Class-A Valve/Mosfet Hybrid Headphone Amplifier
- Full Class-A amplification at all stages
- Dual mono design for best channel separation and stereoÂ
- Quiet operation during power on/off and low residue noiseÂ
- NOS 6AK5 military grade tubes for longer stable lifespanÂ
- Extended bandwidth meeting Hi-Res standardÂ
- Variable pre-amplifier output with dedicated terminalsÂ
- High performance at entry level price
Watson sets a new standard onÂ the cost/performance ratio. Elemental Amps is proud to present the Elemental Watson, a class-A valve/Mosfet hybrid headphone amplifier. A powerful and delicate sound accompanied by the warmth of valves delivered in a compact chassis
By trimming down on unnecessary luxuries and focusing on core performance, the Watson is able to operate in a dual mono configuration, with a military grade NOS 6AK5 tubes being the centrepiece of each channelâ€™s gain stage. Not only does this deliver rich harmonics typical of single ended class-A valve amps but also reduces warm-up time of the valves significantly whilst extending the life of each valve to operate at their peak performance for more than 1000 hours per channel.
Followed by class-A power MOSFET output stage, it provides almost limitless driving current while preserving the tubeâ€™s charming signature. The configuration also guarantees best channel separation (stereo image), easy maintenance and adjustment on the individual channel.
The Heart of Sigma, 6AK5 military NOS valve:
Developed by Bell Labs / Western Electric and used extensively as an I.F. amplifier in WWII radar systems, 6AK5 yields excellent high-frequency performance. On the other hand, a poorly designed 6AK5 tends to be unstable.
To combat this we carefully characterise each amp to allow the 6AK5 to deliver a transparent and airy atmosphere rare to find in peer products.
This also makes it easy to find an equivalent replacement at the reasonable price for tube rolling.
- Frequency Response 10 Hz â€“ 100 kHz (-3dB)Â
- Output power 250 mW + 250 mW (300 ohm)Â
- 2000 mW + 2000 mW (30 ohm)Â
- Headphone impedance 30 ohm â€“ 600 ohmÂ
- Power supply 26V/0.8A DC adaptorÂ
- Full Class-A Amplification Dual Mono Design 2W+2W (30 ohm) output customer Wide Bandwidth for Hi-Res Music using two Bell Labs/Western Electric 6AK5 military grade vacuum tubes plus Western Electric triodes.Â
- Class A Valve/MOSFET hybrid tube desktop headphone amplifierÂ
- Supports 30- 600 Ohm impedance headphones.Â
- Eliminates any 'Pop' sound when switching power on/off. Thus, no concern for pulse energy damage to your headphones.Â
- the volume adjustment is adapted to the logarithmic curve, to create intuitive volume control for human ears with the use of linear potentiometers.Â
- Compact and light-weightÂ
- Easy handling size and small footprint.